JOB FAIR FAQs
Our Job & Career Fairs present a great opportunity to hold speed networking and short interviews with potential candidates. Since we conduct strategic & targeted marketing for all of our events every candidate invited to our events, conversations & connections tend to go smoother and quicker allowing you more time to process the candidates and make the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
You can easily register by:
- Submitting payment above - or -
- Sending us an email to Info@AZEventConnect.com
Either way a member of our team will follow up with your registration process within 24 business hours of submitting payment above or an inquiry below. This will automatically hold your company a table. Our events team is typically in the office Monday - Thursday 10am-2pm.
What does employer registration include?
Job Fair typically 2 hours in length
Career Fair typically 3 hours in length
· Day of Event ·
Convenient location of table and 2 chairs
Face to face access to qualified candidates
Access to electrical outlet
Access to an interview area
Access to Wi-Fi
· Leading up to Event ·
Employer's positions mentioned in newsletter email announcement
Placement in AZ Event Connect's Employer Spotlight series
Logo on AZ Hire Me website, seen by all job seekers that register
How is the event being marketed?
Below is a high level view on how we strategically market the events and our company. This does not go into detail due to confidentiality, but we also know that we are asking companies' to trust us with their hiring budget so we provide a general outline.
New Candidate Lead Generation: Advertised via social media with aggressive ad budget to saturate the market and utilizing over 400 well established community connections and resources.
Retention: Maintaining relationship with over 4,000 existing registered job seekers by newsletter and email blast communication with occasional text message blasts.
Referral: Raffles and other incentives for candidate referrals to attend events.
Branding: All above plus attending networking events, conducting workshop presentations and sponsoring community events to maintain community connection.
What type of candidates are you targeting?
In regards to specifics per market, it varies: we have a diverse existing candidate pool of 3,500+ registered job seekers that continues to grow through our outreach of our #AZHireMe initiative in the community. We tend to highlight specific industry needs through our job seeker newsletter primarily within customer service, sales, retail, food preparation, hospitality, construction, trades, general labor, warehouse and production. We normally have 2-3 employers per industry at our events.
Our Generation Z job fairs give employers an opportunity to engage with individuals that are recent High School graduates or college students in partnership with Dress for Success!
How many job seekers do you anticipate will attend?
JOB FAIR GOALS:
10-15 employers with at least 60 candidates in attendance
(30 candidates an hour) This means you can expect to be consistently busy once the event begins. Therefore, we recommend having at least 2 staff members and that your team is ready to stand for the entire event. We always try to accommodate employers that begin the application process (applications available, pre-screenings, interviews, etc) at the event with an extra table, extra chairs or even just an application area for candidates to apply at no extra cost.
What has your attendance been at your most recent job fairs?
January 9, 2020 | Generation Z Job Fair
15 employers & partners with 54 candidates in attendance
(Approx. 27 candidates an hour)
December 11, 2019 | S.Phoenix | 2 hour event
11 employers & partners with 99 candidates in attendance
(Approx. 49 candidates an hour)
November 14, 2019 | Tucson | 2 hour event
10 employers & partners with 94 candidates in attendance
(Approx. 47 candidates an hour)
What other companies or businesses will be attending?
Our job fairs do not have a limit as to what company can attend, so this lets the career fair give the job seeker a chance to see everything that is out to apply for. The companies/businesses vary at each event. We update our employer logos based on each event on our Job Seeker Registration Page. Please feel free to visit the page to see what employers are currently committed to attending any of our upcoming events! Below are also the logos of our recent employer partners.
What to expect as far as setup at the event:
- Registration or sign in table for job seekers with a list of the hiring companies and the positions that are available
- There will be a mix of hiring companies and community agencies that offer resources for barriers to employment
- The Dress for Success Mobile Unit will be onsite at each of our Phoenix job fairs, we encourage you to arrive early to tour the mobile boutique. Dress for Success offers professional clothing at no-cost to women who are actively seeking employment.
- Most candidates tend to arrive within the first hour of the event, therefore, there will be a bit of a line at first. There will continue to be a steady flow of candidates, and then we get a 2nd wave of candidates about an hour into the event. So, even though you are provided chairs at your table, you can expect to be standing and engaging with job seekers through the entire event so wear comfortable shoes! :)
- Bring plenty of giveaways and brochures or print outs and keep in mind that there will not be a copier available for use should you run out.
- All registered hiring companies will receive a friendly reminder a week before the event with helpful tips and more details